We are proud to offer two main types of maintenance contracts to help customers get the best value for money.
This will be a visual inspection of the bell and fittings to inspect for any deterioration in any parts and the running gear. Also, lubrication of the clapper bushes. This will be followed by a report.
This service is more ideal on smaller rings of bells, or bells that have little use, that owning bodies or PCC’s require the peace of mind that the bell/s and fittings are in a stable and good condition.
This will be to inspect the fittings for deterioration but to fully inspect and tighten any frame, bell, wheel or stay bolts, to adjust bell ropes on the wheel or in the ringing room (if found to be necessary), to make sure the clappers are central in their bells, and lubricated. To listen for any deterioration in the bearings. To adjust runners and sliders to reduce wear, or to alter the set if required by a customer. To inspect and adjust any chiming hammers if they are not preforming adequately. This will be followed by a detailed report.
This service is best for frequently used bells, (frequently: – meaning being used once or more a week). This type of service helps reduce general wear and tear on fittings, and helps keep the bells in a stable condition. This service is advisable in situations where the owning body or PCC is concerned about letting ringers work on the bells, or there are no able bodied ringers to do maintenance.
Below are some of our current, happy customers.
St Paul’s – Woodhouse Eaves, Leicestershire.
6, 10-0-19 (517kg) in G, cast by John Taylors of Loughborough in 1904.
St Nicholas – Ulceby, Lincolnshire
6, 9-0-8 (461kg) in G, in an interesting frame and fittings by Alfred bowell Bell founder of Ipswich, the bells are from a mixture of founders.
St Mary’s – Barton Upon Humber, Lincolnshire
8, 16-3-3 (852kg) in E, sitting in a Gillett & Johnston frame. Made by a mixture of founders all between 1602 and 1946.
St Peter – East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire
8, 11-2-1 (585kg) in F, sitting in a Gillett & Johnston frame altered by Hayward Mills Associates during the augmentation in 2002. Made by a mixture of founders all between 1631 and 2002.
Inchture Church – Inchture, Perth
12″ bell cast around 1900’s. This is a single chime bell in a rooftop cote.
St Mary The Virgin – Clifton, Nottinghamshire
8, 8-0-8 (410kg) in A#, they are sitting in a steel fabricated frame by Hayward Mills Associates with headstocks by fredrik Pembellton. the bells are John Taylor Bellfounders Ltd cast between 1991 and 1997.
Corpus Christi – Clifton, Nottinghamshire
6, 2-2-11 (132kg) in E, these bells were moved from the now demolished church of St Francis (also clifton) by TLB services. They are sitting in a steel fabricated frame by Hayward Mills Associates onto a new steel ring beam installed by TLB services. The bells were cast by a mixture of founders between 1924 and 2008.
Holy Trinity – Clifton, Nottinghamshire
8, 3-1-18 (173kg) in E, these are sitting in a steel fabricated frame by Hayward Mills Associates and the bells were cast by Gillett & Johnston in 1924, their is also a service bell of 6-3-8 in weight cast by John Taylor & Co in 1960.
St Helen – Willingham by stow, Lincolnshire
6, 12-0-4 (611kg) in G, these are sitting in a metal frame made by John Taylor & Co in 1906, the bells were also cast by John Taylor & Co between 1905 and 1906.
St Helen’s – Kenton, Nottinghamshire
4, 6-0-1 (305kg) in C, these are sitting in a cast iron frame by Hayward Mills Associates installed in 2001. the bells were cast by John Taylor & Co between 1892 and 1968.
Southwell Minster – Southwell, Nottinghamshire
12, 25-1-3 (1284kg) in D, these are sitting in a mixture of frames. the bells are all cast by John Taylor & Co between 1897 and 1961.
Church of All Saints – Milton Ernest, Bedford
6, 9-1-1 (470kg) in G, these are a mixture of bell founders ass cast between 1765 and 1907.
All Saints – Glossop, Derbyshire
8, 17-0-13 (870kg) in F#. Tuned to old concert pitch,these sit in a frame by Gillett & Johnston in 1923, the bells were also cast by Gillett & Johnston in 1923.
St Andrew – Kirton in Lindsey, Lincolnshire
8, 12-1-20 (631kg) in E, these are in a metal bell frame made in 1968, the bells are a mixture of founders bell 1 and 2 were cast by John Taylor & Co (Bellfounders) Ltd in 1982 and bells 3 through to 8 were cast by James III Harrison in 1798.
St Andrews – Ampthill, Bedfordshire
8, 13-3-6 (701kg) in Ab, these sit in a cast iron frame built in 2 stages fist in 1899 and in 1980. The bells were cast by John Taylor & Co between 1898 and 1980.